Tech + Mortar Episode 009, January 2, 2019
009 Ryan Rao, Apex Franchise Development Group
- Creating an experience so memorable they will tell people about it
- Why franchise sales are completely different from other sales
- The first question every franchisor needs to ask a potential franchisee
Ryan is a franchise development expert who has grown multiple franchise-based businesses into national and international brands. Ryan’s passion for franchising grew and developed from his entrepreneurial spirit. Ryan has vast experience in real estate, start-up financing, start-up franchising, franchise development, and the intricacies of growing and developing a brand. He is an avid franchise blogger with thousands of followers. He also serves as a franchise consultant and is a personal growth advocate.
- 1:18 - Evolution of Ryan’s career - from Junior PGA Championship to the Principle at Apex Franchise Development Group.
- 2:55 - Ryan’s father buys a franchise, Romeos Pizza.
- 4:00 - Lessons learned from his mentor Ryan Rose. Infrastructure for growth!
- 5:45 - With the importance of experience, any unique or remarkable recent experiences.
- 7:20 - Best form of marketing is word of mouth.
- 7:40 - Why not every salesperson can sell franchises.
- 8:41 - Go to questions in franchise development “interview”.
- 9:50 - Companies like Chick Fil A that limit the number of units per franchise. Opinions? Industry going multi-unit.
- 11:30 - What are millennial franchisees interested in that others are not?
- 13:22 - Summary of Ryan’s points.
- 13:52 - Scalability has never been easier