Tech + Mortar Episode 013, February 27, 2019
013 Lyden Foust, Spatial.ai
- Observational research difference between asking questions and observing.
- One location CRUSHING it and one FAILING. Similar Demos. How can you explain the differences?
- Cambridge analytica. What is Lydens opinion on data privacy?
Lyden is the Cofounder of Spatial, the world’s first human-driven layer for cities. A Techstars company. Before Spatial Lyden was an Ethnographic Research consultant for brands like P&G, JnJ, Intel and an adjunct professor of Ethnography at Miami University. He also founded Campus Solutions which he sold in 2014. In eighth grade, he pitched a no-hitter.
- 1:14 – The lightbulb moment for Spatial.AI
- 4:26 – Some of the questions he asked when he was researching
- 5:52 – The MVP of Spatial.AI
- 6:17 – What he learned about getting in the door with companies and his observations
- 7:21 – The mistakes he sees retailers making
- 9:00 – Where are people wrong?
- 9:46 – How people are more candid online than they are on other formats
- 10:53 – What those who are winning in retail are doing
- 11:43 – His favorite experience
- 13:33 – Insights of his team and himself during this company growth state
- 14:50 – What he was wrong about
- 16:02 – His opinion looking in the future on privacy
- 17:45 – His opinion on the adaptation of social media for rural America
- 18:35 – Augmented reality
- 19:44 – What he is curious about asking a head of a retailer
- 20:58 – Rapid fire questions