Tech + Mortar Episode 019, May 29, 2019
019 Ryder Jeanes, Canntilever
- What is the state of cannabis today and how is the west coast leading the way?
- What can retailers do to embrace the changing tide?
- What are some of the expanding applications of cannabis?
Ryder Jeanes has unparalleled expertise in the intersection of cannabis and retail having spent decades on the retail side. He is also a member of the very first cannabis hedge fund. Through his experience in the industry, Ryder founded Canntilever.
Canntilever operates at the intersection of real estate, capital markets and the global cannabis industry. The main objective of Canntilever is providing strategies and solutions to the complex and growing cannabis industry.
- 1:15 – Founding story for Canntilever
- 3:32 – The state of the cannabis industry today
- 4:10 – 4 stages of introducing cannabis
- 5:40 – Evolution of cannabis being used for recreational to medical purposes
- 8:08 – The real estate site selection process within the cannabis industry
- 11:30 – How different regions in the US compare when introducing cannabis
- 14:40 – Number of dispensaries in each state
- 16:00 – Ryder discusses Moe Greens and cannabis in the hospitality space
- 17:40 – Cannabis affecting the alcohol industry
- 19:10 – How retailers will be affected by the change in consumer demand
- 20:43 – Untangling the pile of coat hangers created by outdated regulations
- 21:55 – How big will this industry become?
- 22:43 – Growing types of consumer goods that will embrace cannabis
- 26:18 – What surprised Ryder the most within the industry
- 27:38 – Rapid Fire